I didn't name the characters, just put in a placeholders for the names. I did put some action in, but not much. My plan now is to break down each scene into what I would like to actually see in the scenes. Then I will decide approximately how long I want each scene to be, and maybe get some better descriptions written down for the voice actors. And, well, name the characters.
Then I get to look for voice actors. The way it is written now I will need 3 girls and 1 guy or 2 girls and 2 guys.
I am kind of excited. It is coming together. This is fun, when I actually stop getting in my own way. The last scene is based on a comment I made on a The Bloggess blog post. She was talking about taxidermied squirrels. She mentioned a squirrel phone cover. My comment was about using that to scare off bad dates. And now that concept will be personified in stop motion form. I have no idea how I will make it happen, but I will. I am excited about the challenge.
I also have looked around at other video contests. I am considering finding one to work towards. I don't know. Maybe I should wait and see how the Douglas Adams contest goes. I think if I start doing video contests on a regular basis I need to learn how to make my own puppets. I can't just keep submitting the same toys to a bunch of different contests. Maybe I will take a little time out today to play with that concept. I have armature wire. I don't have a history of being good at sculpting though. Frankly, I am shit at it. But I can build them up with foam and figure out something else for the heads. Maybe I will make one for each and just paper mouths with different positions to approximate dialog. I don't know.
SIGH (but a happy one)